Elementary Drawing Exam Syllabus
Object Drawing (Elementary- First paper)
- To depict a collection of front-positioned manufactured and natural elements.
- To accurately depict the things in relation to the available paper size.
- To expertly color the items exactly as they look, with the correct shade, light, and colors.
- You may use any coloring medium or coloring methods of your choice, such as stippling, textures, collage, etc.
Memory Drawing (Elementary – second paper)
- To use a former instance or setting from one’s daily life as an example.
- To draw a scene with three to four human beings, topic-related suggestive items, and a suitable background.
- To strengthen one’s capacity for creative reconstruction and visual communication.
Design (Elementary – Third paper)
- Any geometric figure’s outside form contains a design. (For instance, a square, rectangle, triangle, circle, semicircle, regular polygon, etc.)
- Different sorts of lines (straight lines, curved lines, rhythmic lines, etc.), natural, geometric, ornamental, or abstract shapes can be imaginatively combined to create a decorative pattern.
- Design that is symmetrical or asymmetrical.
- Design using a suitable color scheme, any color scheme, and/or any texture.
Plane Geometry and lettering (Elementary- Fourth paper)
Lines are divided:
- To cut a specified straight line in half.
- to split a line into 4 or 8 equally spaced sections.
- to split a line into any quantity of equally spaced segments.
- To create a perpendicular to a line starting at a specified point on the line.
- To draw a perpendicular from a given point outside a specified line.
Making equal divisions of an angle:
- To divide a certain angle
- Calculate a sight angle’s trisect without a protractor.
- To build an equilateral triangle using the basis provided.
- using one of the equal sides and one of the equal angles to build an isosceles triangle.
- To build a triangle using the supplied base and two base angles.
- To create a triangle with the three sides provided.
The making of squares
- To build a square on a specified basis.
- To build a square using a specified diagonal.
- Rectangle construction:
- To create a rectangle, using the two provided uneven sides.
Circle divided into equal parts:
- To split a circle into four, six, or eight equal pieces.
- Building Normative Polygons:
- To build a regular polygon using the provided side.
Elementary drawing exam eligibility
The Government of Maharashtra’s Art Directorate typically administers Elementary and Intermediate exams in the second part of September each year.
- Admission: Both applicants privately and from recognized universities may take the exams. Candidates from private drawing studios and schools that are not officially recognized by the government may be admitted as “Private Candidates.”
- Candidates who have not yet passed the Elementary Grade Examination may sit for the Intermediate Grade Examination straight away. However, no applicant is permitted to take both exams in the same year.
- Candidates who have already passed any of the Drawing Grade Examinations are unable to retake that specific test.
- Through the participating institution, applications must be submitted to be admitted to these exams.
- Students from Maharashtra State must pay Rs 50 for the elementary examination.
(For students from states other than Maharashtra State) Rs. 100
The cost of the intermediate examination is Rs. 100 for students from the state of Maharashtra and Rs. 200 for students from other states.
Elementary drawing exam benefits
The primary advantage of the elementary drawing exam is that it allows you to gauge your level of artistic ability. Various grades are assigned in accordance with qualifying standards. As you get ready for this exam, you may also improve your artistic abilities.
Drawing grade exams are significant in today’s society. The examinations’ syllabuses are occasionally changed. The states of Maharashtra, Goa, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, and Uttar Pradesh now hold these exams.
Drawing Grade Examinations have grown in significance on a national basis, and typically students in grades 7 through 12 take them. These tests have raised societal awareness of art.
Elementary drawing exam Papers
Question Paper (2016):
1. Deepa, Saurabh and Sameena playing a game on the school computer 2. Two women and a man filling water from the well in a village.
1. Brother or sister helping their parents to clean the surroundings of the house
Memory Drawing Question paper
Question Paper (2017):
1. A girl is chasing other two girls in the Langadi game on the playground. 2 Brother and sister are standing on a roadside and waiting for a school bus along with mother or
father who has come to drop them
3 Four school-mates enjoying their lunch in the recess under a big tree in the school campus
Question Paper (2018):
1 Boys and Girls playing in rain (Rainy Season)
2 Cleanliness maintaining staff working at ST Stand or Railway Station 3 Any Indian festival/celebration of your choice
Question Paper (2019):
Four workers are working in rope yard (Nursery)
2. Two labourers who excavate a water soak pit and a specialist in guiding them towards the home
side 3. Two students who purchase school material from consumer goods store (stationery) in hon of the school.
Design question paper
Question Paper (2017): ln the centre of the answer sheet, draw a regular hexagon of 10 cm side. Create a beautiful design with your imagination with the help of following elements
a) Straight and curved lines
b) Decorative forms of leaves, flowers or birds.
c) Geometrical shapes of your choice.
d) Rhythmic line if you feel necessary
Complete the above composition using symmetrical or non-symmetric techniques and color the design in suitable colors.( Below your design mention for what purpose it can be used. Write in pencil)
Question Paper (2018):
Hold the answer paper horizontally and draw a semi-circle with a 22 cm diameter in the center of the answer paper. inside this shape, create a beautiful design by using the following elements.
Three straight or rhythmic lines.
A) Circles of uneven shapes
B)Two ornamental shapes of fish.
If necessary two leaves or flower shapes.
Complete the above composition using symmetrical or non-symmetrical technique and color the Design in suitable colours.
Question Paper (2019):
Hold the paper vertically and draw a square of 18 cm in the centre of the answer sheet. In this create a beautiful design by using your imagination with the help of the following elements
A)The straight or curved lines
B)Decorative shapes of two leaves or flowers
C) Small and big circles
D) Decorative shape of a butterfly
Complete the above composition using symmetrical or non-symmetrical techniques and color the Design in suitable colors.
Below your design mention for what purpose it can be used Write in pencil)
— Amey Chavan
(St. Josephs, Navi Mumbai)